Many years ago, a very above average man committed a very below average crime. The results were devastating, to him and many others. But many more were resolved to stand with him through the long journey ahead. Along the way, he experienced the natural three-pronged course of Hope: hopeless, hopeful, and hope-filled. Years later, after leaving the pit and climbing the pinnacle, he was able to voice his journey in a five minute narrative ballad, put to the music that was in his head and transformed to a tune on his guitar. Thus the background of the three part ballad:
I Need a Vacation. Thank you Jesus for this man's life that has made a remarkable impact on so many so far and so many more tomorrow. From this life, the following ministries have touched the hearts and lives of thousands: Life After Prison Ministries and Redemption RoadHouse Feeding Centers.
1. The Bible to be the inspired, only infallible and authoritative Word of God.
2. There is one true God eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. In the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, sinless life, miracles, substitutional death on the cross, bodily resurrection, ascension to the Father and His personal return in power and glory.
4. Regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential for the salvation of sinful man; a person must experience a spiritual rebirth.Only through the power of the Holy Spirit is the Christian able to live a more godly life.
5. There is a resurrection of both the saved and the lost, the saved to eternal life in heaven, the lost to hell.
6. Jesus Christ rose from the dead and is returning soon.
7. The Great Commission of the church is to go into the entire world and preach the Gospel to every person.
8. In the spiritual unity of believers through the working of the Holy Spirit and the Lord Jesus Christ.
9. In holy Christian living through which we must have concern for the hurts and social needs of our fellowmen.
10. We must dedicate ourselves anew to the service of our Lord and to His authority over our lives.